Sunday, March 18, 2007

Friends

2. Blog entry: “Personal Reflection 3/16” – Since Socratic philosophy is largely about definitions, lets start with some of our own. In one paragraph (or more) define what a friend is and how you should act towards a friend. Instead of that, you can write a paragraph (or more) that defines what an enemy is and how you should act towards an enemy. Of course you can also write about both if you like.

A friend:
I am stumbling on how to start this off, because it is hard to explain what a friend truly is. I think it is someone who you feel comfortable around and enjoy spending time with, but you share more than just the “hey, what’s up?” with them. A friend is someone who you do stuff with and whatever it is, it ends up being fun because you can just simply enjoy each other’s company. Although friends are special people and mean a lot more than the random acquaintance, a best friend is something completely different. I would say, personally, I have 4 best friends. I can tell them anything and everything about me. From what you ate that day to your deepest secrets. Sometimes when you feel down all it takes in that text message or phone call that means the world and makes me feel ten times better. You can confide in them, and you know, they will always be there in the end. Whether you get in pointless fights, or don’t see each other for weeks at a time, you know when you do something wrong, no matter what they will be standing by your side. True friends are like family, you love them unconditionally even when they make you angry. You make up, and get over those stupid arguments and afterwards it makes your bond stronger. Friends are wonderful to have in your life, but best friends are a necessity.

2 comments:

Dave Richards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bart Cordero said...

Well I thought that this post was really good because I agree with what you said.That your friends are always there for you no matter what, and that you can tell them your deepest secrest. I can realte to this because I also have best freinds that I can trust for anything and are always there for me when I need them.I thought that this was a real good paragraph of what friends are to you so keep it up.